Friday, September 15, 2006

dwarfs and cats

I think some of you know and maybe some of you don't, that a very good friend of mine from Circus Center has a two-year-old daughter who was born with a common form of dwarfism (Achondroplastic Dwarfism). Because of their experience and proximity to me it's something I have an interest in learning about. I was looking at the Little People of America website and found information about a little girl with a very rare and extreme kind of dwarfism, called Primordial Dwarfism. There was a link on the site to the site of a photographer who has done some documentation of dwarfs, and it features photos of this little girl, as well as other people with her condition and dwarfs of many kinds.

The images of this tiny, tiny girl are astounding and breathtaking.

And, the photos in general (and there are many of them) I find interesting and inspiring.

It ALSO happens that this photographer (I love him now) has done a lot of animal photography - not exotics, but domestics, for commercials and whatnot. I haven't even looked at the dog pictures yet but the cat photos were enough to cinch the deal and inspire me to send this link out to you.

LIFE, in its many myriad manifestations. Very beautiful. Enjoy.

http://www.garyparker.com/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home